Tuesday 24 September 2013

Rejection (Fear) Poem

Rejection
Is it something I face because your ideas I don't accept them?
But I reject myself if I let them make me conform, if I let them
Why does everyone believe we must be the same,
Follow this and that, forget ideas of individuality
Originality is not something we should forsake
We can all learn something if we adopt each other's mentality,
Can't let it hold you down, fear is the gravity.
Things we don't know, its just natural to abandon it.
But like I learnt from Gravity no such thing as fear
So I levitate above the hate, get knowledge that
holds weight, rejection is never something that will bar
my way.

AYO

1 comment:

  1. Excellent work again Ayo. Well done!

    There are some really interesting ideas here and you explore the theme in a thoughtful and original way. I am particular interested in the dichotomy between rejection of conformity and rejection of the self: does conformity require us to sacrifice some part of ourselves?

    Also, I like the connection you make between fear and rejection; the phrase ‘fear is the gravity’ is particularly striking. But could you just explain below in more detail what you think the connection is between fear and rejection?

    Also, could you write a paragraph making connections between your poem and ‘Huckleberry Finn’? I think there is actually quite a lot of common ground.

    ReplyDelete